As an AHA Training Site, Aero Methow is able to provide the hands on skills checks for the online AHA courses. The directions are below.
AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR for Healthcare Professionals)
Go to the Online AHA.org site http://www.onlineaha.org
In the find a course drop down menu choose BLS-Basic Life Support
Choose: Heartcode BLS Part 1
Follow the directions to pay for and log in to the course.
Upon completion of the course modules print your course completion certificate.
Contact Aero Methow (997-4013).
We will schedule a time and date for your skills check.
This will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 Hour. Our fee is $30 for BLS HCP.
You must bring your course completion certificate. Upon successfully completing the skills stations you will be issued your AHA course completion card (good for 2 years) This is the same card you would receive if taking the course in the classroom.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support Skill Training and Testing
Aero Methow Rescue Service is a Training Site for Cascade Healthcare Services; Theresa Remsberg is the Site Coordinator.
See our website at www.aeromethow.org for staff biographies.
- Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider (HCP) Card
- If needed Aero Methow can conduct a skill check after successful completion of the online BLS Healthcare Provider or HeartCode® BLS Part 1 course for an additional cost of $30.
- Successful completion of online courses AHA HeartCode® ACLS or HeartCode® PALS Part 1 website: www.onlineaha/courses.org
- The above documentation must be submitted with the student’s application prior to your scheduled skill practice and testing date.
Aero Methow Rescue Service will provide:
- practical hands-on skill practice and testing
- CPR feedback manikins
- High Performance CPR principles
- approved AHA ACLS & PALS scenarios in real time
- Zoll E Series with ETCO2, Pulse Oximetry, defibrillation, pacing and synchronized shock capabilities
- IO and IV venous access on simulation manikins
- King Airway – if previously trained
- Intubation practice if requested and time allows
- Up to 3 hours of practice
- 1 hour for testing
- Card will be issued upon payment for class
$100 per student in a minimum group size of 3 up to 12
$110 per student in a group of 2
$220 per single student
$35/hour for extra practice prior to skill practice and testing
- The student schedules the practice and test.
- Maximum group size of 12 during one 4 hour time session
- No change in fee for renewal students, they are allowed the same amount of time to practice and test.
- If a student is not prepared to test after 3 hours of practice they must reschedule another practice and testing session for an additional fee. Practice sessions will not exceed 3 hours.
- Students may come in 1 hour prior to the official start of the skill practice and testing for additional practice for an added fee of $35.
- Time of skill practice and testing can be adjusted to an individual’s work schedule, call Aero Methow to request a time different than standard time.
- If a student registers and does not call to cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled date they will be charged a cancellation fee of $25.00.
- Complete registration form and attach copy of current HCP BLS CPR Card and AHA Certification of Completion of HeartCode® ACLS Part 1 or HeartCode® PALS Part 1.
- Schedule 2 weeks in advance
- Those registering past the 2 week cut off will be considered on an individual basis
- Individual testing may occur throughout the year and will be scheduled no less than 2 weeks from time of request.
- 0900 – 1300
- If requested the student may arrive at 0800 for additional practice at an additional fee.
- May take a lunch break and test after lunch pending group consensus.
Text books, AHA ECC’s spiral handbooks and reference cards are not provided or included in the fee. Posters will be placed on the wall for reference. It is recommended that each student has at the minimum the reference cards. The current ECC spiral bound handbook is an essential learning and reference tool and will be available to use, although Aero Methow Rescue Service does not have a stock supply sale. Please purchase prior to coming for practice and testing.
The attached registration form can be faxed, scanned and emailed or mailed to:
Aero Methow Rescue Service
PO Box 66
Twisp, WA. 98856
Training Site Coordinator - Theresa Remsberg at email@example.com
Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) (NAEMT)
PHTLS Initial Certification 2 days. Renewal 1 day.
Cost determined by class size.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course material, do not represent income to the Association.